Information on this Page May Be Dated.
Please See the Updated McPherson Square Station Page for More Accurate Information
Metro Access – 3 Blocks
Price Range – $250 Weekend to $410 Weekdays
The Bottom Line: The Sofitel is a short two block walk from the McPherson Square metro station, which makes viewing the sights of Washington, D.C. extremely convenient. While the Sofitel is one of the highest priced of the McPherosn Square hotels, it offers similar amenities to area competitors. Like the Crown Plaza, the Sofitel offers free wireless Internet access, and the American cuisine of the hotel’s iCi Urban Bistro is similar to that of the Hilton Garden Inn’s restaurant. Hundreds of travelers have taken to the Internet to review their experience at the Sofitel, and most appreciated the excellent service they received along with the great menu options in the on-site restaurant. The few hang-ups that were noted include a lack of coffee makers in guest rooms. While Wifi is free, some guests were unimpressed by its speed and the hefty fee required to upgrade to a faster service. The Sofitel is a great option for business travelers and couples, as the expensive room costs and lack of a pool may not make it the best option for families. Overall, the McPherson Square neighborhood offers a safe atmosphere, so tourists can feel safe when exploring the area and local sights at all hours of the day or night.
- Internet – Free wireless in all rooms
- Gym – Cardio machines, free weights, some weight machines
- Parking – Valet only, daily fee of $42
- Shuttle to Airport – No shuttle
- Breakfast – Hotel restaurant serves breakfast, not included with booking
- Smoking Status – Non-smoking property wide
- Pool – No pool
- Rooms – Suite rooms available with living space, and standard 1 king or 2 queens (or 2 doubles)
- Restaurants in Hotel – iCi Urban Bistro (American cuisine), Le Bar
- Pets – Only pets under 30 lbs. weight, and fee of $300 (refundable). One per room.
- Comfortable rooms
- Excellent service
- Great food in restaurant
- No coffee makers in rooms
- Bed is made up in European style without top sheet
- Slow free wireless Internet; expensive upgrade to high-speed